Thursday 3 February 2011

WRVS at North Manchester General Hospital

Sorry, no pictures this time, just a quick post to highlight a particularly good service received today at a little cafe run by the WRVS in North Manchester General Hospital.

Having been there to visit my (very) poorly wife for the last week (now home and on the mend, I'm very pleased to say), one of my little jaunts while she had a knap would be down to the WRVS cafe in the front main entrance area, the source of the largest and nicest cappuccino I could find in the hospital (the vending stations don't quite do it somehow).

At first the mix was a little milky for me. However, when I mentioned this and asked if they could make it a little stronger, they were more than happy to oblige with an extra shot of coffee and even, with a little bit of friendly banter, gave me extra chocolate powder too.

When I explained my reputation for being a cappuccino drinker, and my recent blog, they said I should give them a mention in return for being so accommodating of my fussiness. So here it is.

Here's to those ladies, and the work they do, and the oasis they provided in a particularly difficult week.

No comments:

Post a Comment