Saturday 19 February 2011

The Range, Rochdale

This one is the nearest coffee shop to my home. In fact, very walkable, and they do a nice panini too, ideal for an easy lunch out.

I'm sure a lot of people visit The Range and don't even know there is a cafe upstairs, much to their loss.

With comfy settees in addition to the usual tables and chairs, it is a great place to meet friends for an informal coffee and a chat (or take the grandchildren for a hot chocolate and a cookie!).

Anyway, coming back to the subject in question...  The cappuccino...

When you order a "large" one, it comes in a LARGE mug. Good so far. Lots of froth on the top with a sprinkle of chocolate powder so looks the part. However, when the froth settles (on stirring, as I take sugar), the mug is only just over half full, and the temperature is a little cool for me, allowing you to drink it straight down, should you choose. As I like to take my time to enjoy a large coffee, it is soon too cool to enjoy.

Don't let that put you off, though, I am rather fussy about my coffees. The cafe is clean, comfortable, with good service and nice sandwiches and cakes. There's plenty to look round in the rest of the store too, including a garden centre section. Well worth a visit. And there are other stores on the retail park as well...

Here's a pic to whet your appetite:

No comments:

Post a Comment