Thursday 5 June 2014

CommuniTea Room, Rochdale

I am pleased to say that a new cafe has opened in Rochdale. Set up by a group of local people, and I understand financed by themselves, the CommuniTea Room, is aimed at serving just that, the Community.
As I understand it, all proceeds from the cafe are put straight back into serving the community, providing space and services to those people that need somewhere to go, or someone to talk to. I believe the plans are not yet fully implemented, but they are on their way with them.
I started with an Americano, as this is a better way to judge the pure taste of the coffee blend, and it was a very pleasant-smelling, aromatic flavour, with an almost fruity after-taste.
The next round was a cappuccino, and the pictures show how well that came out. The milkier rendition softened the taste of the cafe rather, but made it slightly more enjoyable, if anything.
The cafe has been very tastefully decorated, and is a pleasant place to be, and the gentleman serving while I was in is worthy of the title.
Going off the coffee, and the very reasonably-priced menu, I can see myself returning quite soon. Not least to try the Chinese chicken-flavoured samosas, that looked rather amazing.










No comments:

Post a Comment