Tuesday 21 August 2012

Tasty Illy coffee at Macaroon in Bamford, Rochdale

Passing by the row of shops going into Bamford this morning I happened to notice a little coffee shop selling Illy coffee. Not being able to resist one of the tastiest coffee blends I know, I was duly tempted, and succumbed to the coffee urge.
The Illy cups are a little on the small side, compared to another cafe I know which has chosen to retain its own, larger cups, which are (in my opinion) much better suited to enjoying a reasonable sized cuppa.
However, coming back to the cappuccino in question, I have to say that it was an almost perfect cup of coffee with good strength, smooth foam and a generous sprinkling of chocolate powder on the top.
It still amazes me that some coffee shops still ask if you want chocolate on your cappuccino.....it wouldn't be a proper cappuccino without chocolate powder on top, would it?
All credit to Alison for a lovely little coffee shop, with a nice menu, and some lovely looking cakes (maybe some other time...).




Tags: Howard Wilkinson photography rochdale Manchester Oldham wedding photography

No comments:

Post a Comment